Monday, June 3, 2013

Our Sweet Elena

As most of you know we welcomed our #5 into the world a little over a month ago but we wanted to formally introduce her to everyone.  Elena Rosa was born on April 19 @ 10:42 am. It was one of my easiest birth so far and she has been such a wonderful little baby.


Ces, my Mom, sister Kim and my sweet eldest boy Miguel (6) were there to welcome her. I was a little hesitant to let Miguel come because he is so tender hearted.  I was afraid he would get upset seeing me in pain and I wasn't sure how he would handle the whole birth thing. He was fascinated by the fact that she had lived in water for 9 months and then she'd come into the world and breathe and live like us. So we decided to explain to him how it would all happen and that Mommy would be hurting and I'd make funny faces, there would be blood ect. and see what he thought then. He was still very determined to see his little sister take her first breath of air. So at 6 am He and my Mom came to the hospital with us and waited ;for what he says was FOREVER; but was actually only  4.5 hours to meet his new sister. I progressed very quickly once my water broke. About 1 centimeter every 3-4 mins. When the Dr. came in he said, "OK, you can push anytime you want." I took a deep breath to give a really good push and he said,"Ya know, I really just need like a cough."  What?! is what I was thinking but I gave him a cough and out "shot" (my husband said it looked like she had jet packs on) my beautiful baby girl.

Ces and I feel so very blessed to have our children. It's so humbling to think that these children chose us as parents. That in the preexistence they knew us, better than we know them now and they saw something in us that made them say, " I want them to be my parents.".  I hope and pray that we are living up to all their expectations. I know they teach me things on a daily basis, patience, unconditional love, how to let go, spontinatey and the list goes on and on. They are beautiful children with beautiful souls and wonderfully fun personalities. I am very grateful that my dear Heavenly Father intrusted them to us. While we were in the hospital and Ces was holding her he played a song that made him think of her and all of our children really. We loved them before we came to this earth and we will continue to love them after we die.

(fingers crossed that it works)





 


1 comment:

Becca Bell said...

She's so beautiful!!!!